Thursday, January 07, 2010

1019. recap taipei day 1

Rant of the day: Sleepy and it takes FOREVER just to upload a short clip onto YouTube!!!
I'm back and first day in office in 2010 is almost hell... Anyway, my original intention was to blog everyday during my trip to Taipei but realised it's almost impossible to do it. Because, I'm SUPER DUPER tired!!! The worse day (or night rather) was the night after countdown. We will talk about in the next post. Back to the first day recap.

I love airport! Changi Terminal 3 by the way. Love the way the ceiling was designed. It's supposed to "open" up during day time to save electricity by bringing in natural daylight. Well, can't witness that 'cause our flight was early in the morning. No daylight to talk about. Moonlight ok mah?



I haven't flew for aeons... So pardon me if I'm over excited in the plane. But the view from the sky is seriously breath-taking. Look at the mushmellow clouds! Ohhhhhh... *swoons*



Our hotel, Wonstar Hotel. If you sorta google it in Google Maps, it may seem a lil far from the shopping district. But it's actually just 5 minutes walk to 西门町 (Xi Men Ding), their seriously famous local shopping area similar to Bugis. And, about 10 minutes walk to the MRT station. The funny thing was, our room has no window. Eh... But think about it again, we don't really need the window if we are just using the place to bathe and sleep. Hahaha... Think about the convenience.



We headed to 西门町 almost immediately for lunch. This is the evening picture at around 5pm. It gets dark early in Taiwan during their winter season.



This thing is  totally worth queueing for -- 阿宗面线 (Ah Zong Mee Sua). No oyster. Just mee sua with pig intestines and sauces. I'm hungry now already. Shit...



Dinner was rather simple yet local. Taiwan is seriously well known for their local delicacies. Ordered each a small bowl of 卤肉贩 (braised minced pork rice) and 蠔仔煎 (oyster with egg). Filing. Affordable. And seriously D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!!!



I'm missing their food already!!! Darn... Anyway, that's for the first day in Taipei. Nothing much as alot of time spent on the flight. But just a mere walk around 西门町 took about 2 hours plus and we did not cover all the places. Wow... But their stuff ain't cheap. So if you wanna know where to look out for cheap clothings and stuff, do come back for my post on our 4th day in Taipei.

Cya. =)

No comments: