Thursday, March 31, 2011

1137. a trip to remember

Rant of the day:
I'm on leave for the past 2 weeks but honestly, way too lazy to update my blog. Seriously, there is nothing much to blog about. Beside swimming on almost every weekday afternoon and staying home to watch variety shows and movies, I've nothing much to write. If I stay home any longer without job, I might just transform to an otaku (宅男).

Anyway, my laptop was down last week and that gave me a brand new perception on Acer. No way I'm getting Acer now. Another brand on my blacklist after Dell.

Got a new laptop from Fujitsu and hopefully this laptop will serve me well. But the setting up of the iTunes and stuff was a chore. Gawd... But luckily got it up and running now.


And now, happily blogging with it and I so love it's keyboard and LED monitor. And, it's WHITE! Nice~~~

Had my birthday family dinner at Swissotel Merchant Court Ellenborough Market Cafe. It's seriously GOOD! Even though the price may be slightly on the high side but worth every cent. Just the fresh oysters, prawns and mini lobsters are enough to cover back the cost!


The oysters so fresh that it tasted sweet. Even dear, who don't eat fresh oysters, grabbed a few and simply couldn't stop praising them. Too bad. Forgot to take family photo.

And birthday cake is from Pine Garden's. Lychee Martini again but just can't stop having them. It's only took us a couple of days to gobble up the entire 1kg!


On my birthday yesterday, spent a wonderful day with dear at Universal Studio Singapore. Entire day well spent and by the time we head out to Vivocity for dinner, we were already fully drained. This trip is exceptionally important because the last time I went was when I'm wheelchair bounded. This time, I can cover the entire place on my own foot! And of course, with dear by my side. Last time, girlfriend. Now, fiancee. Haha... To the uncle in the following photo, kua simi? 抢镜头!


Took lotsa photos but not possible to put everything up here. Those had added me on Facebook, do check out my photo album. Just gonna post a few here.

Photos with mascots that we didn't take the last time. Cute...


Battlestar Galactica! I took both Human and Cylon. Very happy that dear accompanied me to one of them but she gave up subsequently. Guess these rides are way too scary for her. And that's also why I'm very very touched when she insisted to accompany for 1 of them.


In my opinion, Human is way too scary! Though there were no cock screw turns but the speed (90km/h) and the almost 90 degree drop can seriously make you pee your pants! At one point of time during the steepest drop, we can literally feel ourselves lifting out from our seats and only to be stopped by the safety catch! And this is the one that dear took with me. After the ride, both our heads were spinning like crazy. We had to sit down and REST!

As for the Cylon, it's also pretty scary but not as bad as Human. This ride emphasizes on the spins and upside-down cock screw turns. When the speed is so fast, seriously you wouldn't feel much on the upside-down. What's the real scary part is the seats are "hanging" and not the traditional seated type. So our legs are dangling outside!

This had gotta be one of the World's best roller-coaster rides ever!

Besides this, we managed to catch some other features and rides that we didn't get to do the last time. Watched Monster Rock performance and seriously, it's 2 thumbs up! Damn good! World-class performance. Love their singing and dancing.

We took the wet ride too at Jurassic Park. Skipping this the last time 'cause the queue was crazy. This ride will surely make you REALLY wet! Bring spare clothes...

The special effects from Steven Spielberg was damn cool! But next time, stand on the 1st row. Can't really feel the typhoon from the last row.

Caught a few street performances. Honestly, these are what attracts the visitors and make them continue to stay "high" after a hot and long day. Applause for the performers who need to sing and dance under the hot sun.


I wanna go back again lah! Make a point to visit there every year with dear and I sure hope this can continue even after we have children! Haha... Family day outing mah. Things that all of us should do to stay bonded.

A tip to all who wanna visit Universal Studio Singapore. Go on a weekday. Avoid the following days:
1. Public holidays
2. School holidays
3. Weekends

Well unless you are prepared to queue like 1hr for 1 ride. Else, a weekday please and does not crash with (1) to (3). The longest ride we waited yesterday was only 20min! Shortest? 5min and that's the Battlestar Galactica!

Dinner last night was settled at Marche Vivocity. Always loving their seafood paella. Though the dinner was short but all I need is for dear to spend quality time with me.

My brother and his girlfriend (Kelly) also really sweet. Knowing that I'm a serious sucker for gorgeous cuff links, they got me a pair from Massimo Dutti! Wah! Love lah~~~


But now, I need to buy more shirts that require cuff links. I've got sooooooo many cuff links but only 2 shirts for them. Right... Nice one Eric... So perhaps it's a sign for shopping... AGAIN! Haha...

No comments: