Saturday, November 20, 2010

1111. scm

Rant of the day: Should I sign up for Adidas Sundown?
Post number 1111... HUAT AH!!! This is my first time really going for the Standard Chartered Marathon (SCM) but due to the injury and lack of real training, ain't going for the full marathon. Just a comfortable 10km should be fine... I hope (keeping fingers crossed).

So, collected my race pack on Friday. Curious what's inside?


The official race singlet by Asics. Ugly colour but the dri-fit fabric is good!!! Bad thing is, the SCM logo makes the ugly singlet even uglier. And super poor quality print!!! ROAR!!!



Muscle ach patches by Tiger Balm. Will come in handy... But I'm only doing the 10km. Will I ach that much?


Mini Silk Bath shower gel by Silk Pro. Hmmmmmmm... Good but I don't think I'm using it after the SCM. Where got place to bathe sia? Prolly use it when I go swimming or overseas.


My number tag of course. There's actually a small device inside that sort of capture my timing and personal info. Cool. Human ERP in the making...


Fruit bar by Nature Valley. For breakfast? Not enough. After run? Not enough either. For us to sample and buy in loads...


CEPAS to take MRT home? Is it even pre-loaded with some cash? I've got a feeling... NO...


A sample multi-vitamin packet by Ocean Health. Ok, so do I take it before or after the run?


A pre-run questionnaire (not knowing yourself enough and need to pre-evaluate with a piece of paper) and traffic advisory (this is really useful especially for drivers).



"Useful" coupons. But I really like the Ben & Jerry's coupons!!! The others... will I use them or is it going into my rubbish bin?


And not forgetting the loads and loads of brochures and pamphlets. Spams...


As I knew my own ankle condition, I decided not to risk further injuries. After the recent jogging, realised that my ankle began to hurt like crap. So, I bought this fully adjustable ankle guard to play safe. Got it for $12 but I ain't sure what's the market rate. Just buy lah in case I forgot.


Also, I don't wanna wear my regular army attire for the run. So finally bought my first FBT running singlet and shorts. Like the red top and it's really comfortable. But the short... not so nice on the colour but it got a small back pocket for CEPAS cards and keys!!! Really comes in handy.


Anyway, just hope nothing goes wrong after the run... especially my ankle. Don't wanna make things worse. I must remember to get my mp3 player fully charged before the event. And from now till the run, I must carry on with my own training. No slacking Eric!!! NO SLACKING!!!

No comments: