Tuesday, November 09, 2010

1109. learning but not mastering

Rant of the day: Playing guitar is seriously tough and painful...
I just remembered that for 2010, I made only 3 new year resolutions on 06 April! This was what I wrote:
1) Learn inline skating

2) Do a long distance run event
3) Change a job to something I like (but of course should pay me enough as well)

Unfortunately, the inline skating thingy gave me a hairline fracture in my right ankle but I think I can at least stand up while in skates. Haha... Gonna do my first 10km run in coming December. Hope I survive it. As for a new job, sadly it didn't happen and I wish it did.

In just a couple of months time, it will be 2011. Suddenly, I've got this weird feeling. Scared of the unknown? Perhaps. But probably time just going on too fast. But maybe I need to really spend some time to think about my next resolution for 2011. And definitely, I need a new and better job.

Since I can't do inline skating, shall do the guitar. At least I learn something new bah. But it's another painful process. I'd just done some practises and my fingers are all numb!!! I can't feel my finger tips on the left hand!!! Still, have to thanks Kevin for giving me free guitar lessons. Gawd, I'm so over-whelmed by his musical talents lah. Plays drum. Plays guitar. Plays with those totally chimalogic photography stuff.

And all I have is just that stupid voice that couldn't even hold notes and keys properly!!!

*envy*

Well, we can't choose our talents can we? No doubt we can learn, but surely without the god-gift, we just can't master "talents". So I'll just keep the guitar lessons thingy purely for learning on interest basis. If I can't do it good and steady, nevermind... At least  had been there done that.

Actually, I had done quite a few of these "talent developing" stuff but succeed in none. Here goes some of the stuff that I can still remember:
- Taekwondo... Failed my black belt not once but TWICE and I'm not planning on the third.
- Hip-hop... Too expensive to pursue and seriously, I felt that I'm always the oldest in class.
- Inline skating... My injured ankle proves too much for me to carry on but perhaps in the future, leisurely and slowly.
- Radio DJ-ing... Went a few lessons, competitions and auditions but nothing futile.

And I believe the list will go on. But hey, at least I tried right? No regrets.

Hmmmmmmm... Come to think about it, I'm always surrounded with musically talented peeps like Hansel, Xuan'an and now, Kevin. But why am I just sooooooo normal? I wonder what are my talents besides eating? Hahaha... Ok, include slacking and snacking in my list of talents too. =P

No comments: