Monday, March 24, 2008

626. my fault

Question of the day: 吃饱后不能做什么?

It happened so fast that I couldn't react on time. It's all my fault...

It's supposed to be a happy night ride home. As usual, boarding the bus from my place and head towards dear's home with dear. We love the upper deck whenever it's available. So, after tapping our cards, we waddled up the stairs slowly.

*thud*

Next moment, dear was tumbling down the steps. I didn't managed to catch hold of her on time and only managed to stop her from continuing rolling down after the third step. By that time, dear was already facing down and her legs were badly bruised. I grabbed her firmly on her arms and helped her steadied herself before we get a seat so that I can examine the injuries.

Her right thigh is badly bruised and swollen. Her right foot is swollen too. Her left shin had a small cut and started to bleed. Other then these, the rest of her legs had also visible but smaller bruises.

My heart ached as if the injuries were on me. As I saw dear started crying, my tears were also dangling on the edge of my eyes. How could I let this thing happen?!? If only I pay more attention when dear is climbing the stairs. If only I grab her on time. If only... I feel so guilty of not able to prevent the accident from happening.

Suggested to take dear to A&E for an examination but think due to the sudden trauma, dear refused and insist to go home first befire deciding what to do.

So I took half a day off today to bring her to the doctor. Seems like it's just bruises except for the swell on the right foot and toe. Need to monitor on that because the swell is really bad and dear can't really move her toe. Might be due to a hairline fracture but to be monitored till Wednesday. The rest of the bruises need some good rest with minimal movement. 3 days MC is all dear has to recover but I'm not around. Lesson on Tuesday and RT on Wednesday and lesson again on Thursday.

I'm worried... Very worried...

Dear, must take care when I'm not around. Don't move around to much. Don't take seafood, except fish. Don't take chicken. Don't take spicy food. Must clean the wound thoroughly. Must rest more. If in pain, take the painkiller.

I love you dear...

First time I cried when dear's injured. Have to make sure that it will be the last time... No more accidents...

No comments: