Monday, December 17, 2007

580. science centre

Joke of the day: Two blondes were looking high up in the sky at night, enjoying the moonlight. One of the blonde asked, "Is the moon further or Florida?". The other blonde look at her and looked bewildered. "Can you see Florida? Duh!".

How long have you not step into the Science Centre? I can't remember it myself! Think the last time was when I'm still a fat bitch in secondary school. Haha. Anyway, dear and I decided to make a trip down on Sunday for the Secrets of the Pharaohs exhibition.

The moment I alighted from the bus, my eyes glittered with excitement! The Science Centre seems to have an extreme makeover! There's nice ponds and fountains outside. There's MacDonalds. There's a kids water corner. And there's a gigantic King Rameses statue!

The queue for tickets is terrible. So many people can't wait to get in! Tourists... Families... Couples (like dear and I)... It's so pack! We decided to snap some photos to kill the time.

The mummies exhibits are really disappointing. It's either damaged by those spoilt brats whose parents have totally no control of or really too little to be amazed. But at least the main content is quite posh.

There's alot of new exhibits and are really cool, unlike the mummies exhibit. There's this I Space thing and I find it really cool.

Love the path towards it's exhibition. So retro! Somehow it reminds me of the MoS retro room dance floor.

There's this area where it really looks like a cell in the aliens chamber! So exciting! Wonder if you can find aliens inside?

And when nature calls, it's time for a toilet break... in the public! Dear is just too shy to pose for the camera when she's doing her business.

I'm caught in the act too! Trying to shit into my pants. Anyway, it's actually a device to measure your daily health information like weight and BMI. Cool right? But I think it's not accurate because it weighs me 1kg heavier! @#$%^&*

You should seriously make a trip to the Digital Art and Technology (DAT) exhibition. Most of it's stuff are really interesting. Almost every corner is a surprise! Just take a look at the giant labyrinth game! Wow...

But my favourite is this interactive shadow thingy. Every object you touch on the table brings a surprise to the shadow! So cute right?

It's also my first time at the Omni Theatre. Don't laugh... I know I'm a suah gu (mountain tortise) but it's really my first time. Too bad. I didn't take any photos of it because it's restricted from any form of recording. Anyway, the screen is astonishing! It's HUGE! And it's almost 3D where pictures almost come to live! Like what dear said, it's like you are in the movie and not just watching it. Well said...

You should make a trip there too! The entrance to Science Centre + DAT exhibition + Omni Theatre is $15. Ok right? Rather then splurging somewhere of no use. If this one doesn't brings you knowledge, at least it brings back memories...

No comments: