Sunday, December 19, 2010

1118. getting connected

Rant of the day: Year end coming...
I'd made my tweets private and only approved followers can view. I have the urge to delete my Facebook account because I feel it's no longer that personal. And I'm also considering either making my blog private or might as well, delete it too.

These new media and social media platform is no longer just a pure means to get connect, stay connected and be connected. It's now a stalking mechanism, kpo-ing avenue and a gossiping directory. Cheng just commented that I should go relax on words like "WTF" and "f**k" on Facebook and Twitter as we wouldn't know who is reading.

Scary? Yes. I felt INVADED in fact! I don't mind sharing my views, opinions and rants but if these are gonna affect my social and private life, then the invasion might had gone way too far.

Sometimes, what I need is just a place to let out my frustration but apparently, such simple nature platform had mutated. All these might just put me back into my emotional refrigerator.

No comments: