Sunday, December 26, 2010

1122. christmas this year

Rant of the day: Coughing ain't getting any better... =(
Christmas this year wasn't as homely as compared to last year. I was going through last year's Christmas Eve and Christmas Day photos and realised that on the eve, dear and I were having steamboat at Angela's place. Whereas for Christmas Day, it was dedicated purely for home. Ice cream at Andersons and dinner at home.

This year however, was somewhat different partly 'cause mother was in Europe, celebrating a real WHITE Christmas. And alot of gifts exchanges with friends and colleagues. Although I do admit that the feeling of giving was great (especially when everyone in my branch received the honey sticks and were so happy about it), but the process of getting the gifts were a f**king hell lotsa headache!!! That's the point I start to ponder "why the f**k people celebrate Christmas" and really felt so drained about the entire event.

Anyway, we still have the gift exchange as per usual in office but together with all the other food gifts received on the eve, my table was literally filled with all sorts of items:
  • Towel set from Kim Chin.
  • Namecard and matching keychain from Fang Ying.
  • Bull dog handphone holder from Jingyi (gift exchange)
  • Another keychain with letter "E" plus a box of chocolate from temp staff Ailing.
  • More chocolates from Egon and Tasniyah.
  • Hello Panda cracker from director.
The 2 boxes of preserved chayote (佛手果) from Ivan but wasn't meant Christmas. Was to aid in my voice recovery from all my coughing.


And after work, was lots of household chores before chilling out at Durty Nelly Irish Pub with dear, Arina and Liwei. Totally love the ambience but prolly not the hottest place for Christmas countdown. Still, we love it. Except that dear was running a fever and I was pretty worried.


Lovely presents from the Arina and Liwei too! The 2011 scheduler will be soooooo handy come next year. And I love the colour! PURPLE!!!


And Liwei gave me a pair of ear studs from Takashimaya. My gawd!!! It's so beautiful! Looks so much like diamonds! I am longing to own a new pair of blings to match my clothes! Wait... It's not real diamonds right? Else, it will be way too expensive to accept as a Christmas gift!!!


And my brother got me a gift too! It's a bag tag from Crocs! I guess he is expecting me to travel more in coming year. It's definitely gonna come in handy 'cause I always runs out of tags when I travel.


That's Christams for this year. A rather mild version of craziness in the same festive day I suppose.

No comments: