Tuesday, December 21, 2010

1120. t'is the season

Rant of the day: X'mas present is not suppose to be stressful!!!
T'is the season to be spending.
花 (pronouce: hua) la la la la... la la la la...

T'is the season wallets burning.
花 la la la la... la la la la...

Don't complain now, take out Visa.
花 la la... 花 la la... la la la...

Don't forget buy that present.
花 la la la la... la la la la...
 
In case you are not to sure how to sing it, just go with the original melody of the X'mas carol "T'is the Season". And the "花" here refers to "spending" and not "flowers".
 
I like X'mas primarily because it's a public holiday and I get to rest at home with family or out chillaxing (chilling + relaxing) with my friends. But as we grow older, there seems to be a need to buy presents and exchange presents. And the search for the right present seriously sucks!!! It's doesn't help much when there is a designated person you are buying for and that person doesn't tells you what he/she wants!
 
Come on lah... You expect me to read your mind... I ain't no Professor X leh...
 
You might be thinking "it's the thoughts counts" but honestly, if you got something that you REALLY don't need and don't like, how would you feel and react? Put on a fake smile and says "oh it's soooooo nice!". And you know what, "nice" is not a nice word actually. To most extend, it's loosely used when we ran out of words to use.
 
So, don't use the word "nice" on me. I get pretty annoyed actually.
 
Anyway, this will be the first time I'm not spending X'mas with mum and she's far far away in Europe. Hope everything is fine. The weather report is not promising and I'm very worried that she cannot endure the cold.
 
*pray*

No comments: