Wednesday, November 07, 2007

562. out-of-office

Quote of the day: To run the country well, you'll need to have three things. Firstly, a strong army. Secondly, enough food for everyone. Thirdly, citizens' trust for the country.

-- Confucius

Exam is just around the corner and I'd barely started much. Will go on full time studying starting from tomorrow till Sunday. Hope that I'll do just as fine and pass with flying colours. Hope that I can get my first distinction.

I wouldn't be returning to office till next Thursday! So happy. Finally got a chance to put "Out-of-Office" message in my office email! Tomorrow is my off-in-lieu for Hari Raya Puasa. Thursday is Deepavali. I'm on leave on Friday and Monday. Will be on course on Tuesday and Wednesday. Nice...

Just came home not too long ago from Xuan's grandmother's wake. Hope he's doing fine and I'm sure he will. He's a strong lad. He's also going over to the States next year for an exchange programme. So good right? I don't even get such chances. At he's age, he had travelled places where I've never thought I'll have such opportunities. Pretty tied down badly by work, money and studies. The furthest I've went was Taiwan and that was before my enlistment because I have TIME! And of course, the other time was with Army.

Just something to share -- Don't commit any crime, at least not those that will get you rotan. See this and you'll know what I meant. Ouch!

No comments: