Wednesday, June 11, 2008

648. viral fever

Rant of the day: It came too fast...

I'm sick... very very sick... And I'm resting at home now, feeling really weak and feverish. All happened in less then 3 hours and here's the series of events yesterday...

Around 4.05pm - Stomach pain. Went to shit.

Around 4.10pm - Felt weak suddenly but almost done with the shitting. Clean up but was shocked to realise I shitted ALOT of blood. Tried to stop the bleeding and cleaning up as fast as I can. Knew it's my haemorrhoiddal problem acting up due to heatiness.

Around 4.15pm - Related my problem to Judy and Cheng.

Around 4.40pm - Meeting but my stomach felt really pain. Now I know why women felt pain during their period. Internal bleeding.

Around 5.30pm - Knock off and went to fetch my dear from work. Judy mentioned that my face looks pale and seems like I might broke into cold sweat anytime.

Around 5.40pm - Boarded train at Novena but still feeling the pain. Seems like I'm getting weaker. Couldn't concentrate on what's happening around me.

Around 6.00pm - Alighted at City Hall and took the East bound train towards Bedok. Train was packed like sardine as usual. No seat. So no choice but to stand. Felt even weaker and my temperature started to rise in astonishing speed.

Around 6.20pm - Found a seat and gratefully sat down. Temperature still rising. Felt so weak that I don't know whether if the train is still moving. Everything around me seems to pause. Felt helpless and losing myself. Tried to stay awake.

Around 6.30pm - Alighted at Bedok. Wobbly legs. Made my way to bus interchange and waited for dear. Temperature still rising. No seat again. Stood for less then 3 minutes before dear reached.

Around 6.40pm - Packed home 2 sets of porridge and took a cab home with dear. Very very weak. Started to tremble in cold. Whole body in pain, like thousand of needles poking me. Eyes started to tear uncontrollably. Don't have the strength to even hold onto dear's hand.

Around 7.00pm - Reached home. Went to bathe with cool water to lower my body temperature. The haemorrhoid has stopped bleeding. Dear realised ALL my thermometer have no more battery. Felt that my soul is disappearing into thin air. All my fingers went numb. Shivering really badly. Hugged dear tightly, afraid that I might just collapse forever.

Around 7.10pm - Dear fed me some porridge but was too weak to chew on the small pieces of meat. Mum called just when I was about to call her. Told her I'm down with sudden bout of high fever. She rushed home from AMK Hub.

Around 7.15pm - Went to my family doctor with mum and dear. Temperature measured at clinic was 38.9 degree celcius.

Around 7.40pm - Reached home. Tried to finish the remaining of my porridge but could finish them. Took my medication. Doctor unable to pin-point what exactly went wrong. Prolly due to viral fever attack. Should recover in time for exam on coming Friday.

Around 9.00pm - Went to bed. Temperature started to drop but not alot. Felt really weak and drowsy. Came down from bed to toilet many times and was really weak to just pull myself off bed.

This morning - Fever had almost subsided but haven't recover fully. Felt alot better at least. Still resting.

Thanks to mum and dear for taking care of me. Think dear was worried sick. But luckily dear was with me earlier on. Gave me the strength to carry on else I might just collapse and die somewhere. So touched when dear spoon fed me porridge last night when I barely have the strength to hold onto the bowl. Love you mum. Love you dear.

Oh well. Shall continue with my rest...

No comments: