Tuesday, June 17, 2008

650. fire fire fire fire fire

Quote of the day: Some bosses are like clouds - the minute they disappear, the day suddenly gets brighter!

A huge fire that broke the peace and silence of the neighbourhood.

Minutes to midnight. Dear and I were in bus service 25 as usual, on our way to send dear home. Just metres to the bus-stop at dear's place, the bus reduced speed drastically. That was when I realised that all other passengers were looking out of the window.

Out of curiosity, I peeked out. Fuck! There's an apartment on fire! Though not exactly close to dear's house, but fire spreads without control. So I quickly got dear to call home and pre-warned everyone.

We rushed to the apartment at the back of the burning house and yelled to get the neighbours out, just in case the fire spreads. It's like just a few metres in between. But looks like I prefer to stay indoor and simply refuse to budge. At least they thanked our concern. I quickly made a call to 995 but looks like they had been notified.


Then, we heard crackling sounds of miniature explosion. Probably from the burning furniture and some smaller flamable objects. The smog was thick and smelly, worse than a rotten foot.

Dear made her way home as I rushed for my bus back. In minutes, the firemen came with not-sure-how-many-machines reached and the fire was almost put out. Sometimes, we have to really be greatful to the efficiency of our civil defence.

But the usual peaceful neighbourhood was crowded out of the sudden. The fire brought every kay-poh neighbours to gossip and "judged" what might caused the fire. Right...

Anyway, I'd finally got my mini portable harddisk from Maxtor. Thanks to He Qiang who managed to help me with the bargain. Comes with a free pouch and skin. $139 for 250GB. Not too bad right? Quite a good bargain.

No comments: