Tuesday, August 05, 2008

682. screwing it up

Rant of the day: I'm so busy at work...

Ok. My media pitch is done and approved. Just need to clean up the pitch here and there a lil. At least I can get a breather for a while. Concentrate on work first.

Have to take a half day off this Friday, all thanks to Dell. After replacing the motherboard, many of my applications can't run. And not only that, the wireless card tray is loose! Plus, the dummy SD card (that prevents dust collection) is lost!

Right...

So, I called up their helpline again. Done some remote testing online and confirmed by their staff that my laptop is lagging quite badly. No choice but have to guide me to do a factory reset, back to the original state when I just bought the laptop. Great... this means i have to re-install all my applications.

Nevermind that. At least that helpline staff was helpful. Think his name is Brendon or something like that. But the entire experience is not a happy one. He have to re-arrange the technical staff to liaise with me again for a second appointment to screw that loose tray up and also to check if anything wrong with my new motherboard.

Next working day, received a call from the technical department on the request. Didn't make any prior arrangement and all I know was they will check my motherboard before making further arrangement. Ok. Fine. I thought they will call me up shortly to collect my laptop for analysis but the next moment, my mum called and told me the technical staff was at our house!

Guess what? He was looking for the OLD motherboard that he had already took away after the first servicing! Right... Then they called again to clarify and realised was some internal mis-communication and decided to go back office to analysis the old motherboard.

Time wasters...

Despite not screwing up properly the tray on my laptop, they totally screwed up the entire arrangement! And it doesn't help when my laptop wasn't even more than 9 months old...

On a lighter note, since I'm taking half day off this Friday, might as well quickly collect that Saucony shoes that I'd won earlier during the CSC River Run. Get it over and done with before that voucher expires.

Was discussing with Ben just now while we were on our way home, the current bloggers cat fight totally ridicule and disgrace the other proper bloggers. While 2 women fight it out on court on who defamed who and who refuse to apologise to who, it should set all of us thinking if the citizen journalism is ethical after all.

Many known blogging as a form of citizen journalism and some may even argue that it's a personal diary. But seriously, if it's personal it can't be read by every Tom, Dick and Harry. And when it's citizen journalism, how much content are accurate? How much are malicious? How much are pure bullshit?

To me, blogging now means sharing what I experience to others who might fine it interesting and perhaps also for me to reflect back when I'm old. It's not a place to purposely make yourself famous. It's not a place to purposely create libel on others you hate, whether direct or by innuendo.

Whatever it is, the 2 famous local bloggers court case is just another over-rated cat fight.

No comments: