Sunday, August 24, 2008

696. natsu

Rant of the day: So soon and the weekend is over!

Saturday was Natsu Matsuri, Japan Summer Festival. Think it is very unfamiliar for most peeps out there. Actually, I'm still confused whether are the Japanese celebrating the beginning of the summer or the end of the summer?

Anyway, it was a rainy day and all events were held indoors. Right... And since dear wasn't too familiar with the location, I took over the wheels instead. But also partly because it's raining and dear didn't bring her spectacles. Not safe. So I took over as a part time driver. Haha. I'm not a bad driver hor!

Reached The Japanese School at around 5pm and was shocked by the turnout. The queue was terribly long even though it was raining! But things went as planned. Drop Arina and Liwei to the queue first before dear and I drive to the nearest carpark at Tampines. No carpark near the school actually. Then, quickly take cab to the place where Arina and Liwei should had reach the ticket counter and help us buy the tickets.

And we were so right! Haha.

While we were queueing for the entrance to the place, dear and Liwei went to change into their Yukata while I just "lup" on my Junpei top.

For those who have no idea what the heck I was saying about the Yukata and Junpei, this is it. Dear in her Yukata that cost more than $300! But she is really gorgeous in it right? So much like a real traditional Japanese lady. Yup, that's me in my Junpei.

We have dinner (prepared by the ladies) and after that, it's games time for them while I prefer to hang around.

Oh yes. I must put this up in my blog as promised! While I'm cam-whoring when dear and Liwei were in the queue for games, look at this fat arm! *ahem* You know whose arm is that la. The only lady who was not in Yukata. Miss *ahem* A *ahem* ri *ahem* na. Haha...

Due to the rain, performances were held indoors. Too many shots and I'm lazy to put them up here. But I kinda like the ending where everyone dances in circles. Really really warm and humid but quite an eye-opener.

And before we left, a group photo. Gosh! I looked tired eh.

No comments: