Tuesday, August 18, 2009

943. a better tomorrow

Rant of the day: My brother is madly hooked onto my WII...

2 days of MC ended damn fast. If only it's 1 week MC... Hahaha... Whatever the case is, I told Ben earlier that my mailbox will look damn scary tomorrow when I open it up. There's gonna be tonnes and tonnes of unread emails in RED!!! AHHHHHHHH...

Plus, just got some news from Joanne on tomorrow's headcount. So discouraging... 1 down for MC... 1 on urgent Family Care Time Off... Nice...

Whatever lah. I can only do what I can within my limits. Look... I only got 2 hands, 2 legs and 1 brain. It is obvious that there is only 1 Eric! So how can 1 Eric do too many people's work? So what if I'm paid to do all these shit known as work in office? It wasn't stated in my job profile that my primary task is to cover other peeps ass when they purposely twang from office right?

*sigh*

Anyway, just back home from school. Sometimes I seriously don't know why the sudden flare when no other peeps understand what's happening either. It's bewildering... Did I say anything wrong? Did someone else say anything wrong? Can clarify anot? Is it a misunderstanding? I simply hate it when I catch no head no tail...

*sigh*

I always believe there's a reason why people learn to communicate. And when I'm doing a mass communication degree but yet I don't understand how things are being communicated over among people, it's frustrating!!! I kinda questioned myself why am I still pursuing this degree when I seriously still having problems understanding people? Maybe I should pursue degree on psychology instead.

Whatever the case is, I just hope for the better and not the worse... Like what everybody else does... Hope for the better tomorrow...

Was chatting with mum earlier and she too hopes for the better tomorrow. During the chat, it sorta reflects importantly on what PM Lee mentioned during the National Day Rally on racial harmony.

I believe PM Lee didn't purposely talk about the importance of racial harmony for nothing. There is a hidden crack amongst all races and religion in Singapore to be honest. But it's just that such stuff is too sensitive to bring it on the table and openly discuss on. We perhaps might have mini chats among our own cliques but to what extend can it do? The answer is... NOTHING. And I believe that is why PM Lee took the opportunity and address this issue on a nation-wide speech, so that everyone can bring the message back and reflect on it.

But unfortunately, how many peeps watched the rally? Honestly, I didn't and I think most peeps were doing something else instead of watching that really really long speech in different languages. So, how many peeps heard that message?

For me, was out for dinner because every single channel is showing the same thing!!! And, I'm really not interested to finish the entire speech. What I do is, read the newspaper the next day lah. They will do the job and summarize everything I need to know. Hahaha... But what about others?

Obviously, peeps in my mum's office didn't get the message. Racisim... The taboo word in her office but the truth is the "racisim" is happening in her office now!!! There you go, a real and live hidden crack that wasn't openly discussed and resolved!!! And I'm pretty sure most offices face the same crack. So well hidden... So taboo... So sensitive... And so, no one wanna talk about it.

I just hope mum's office can quickly resolve their issue fast and work towards a better tomorrow for everyone...

*sigh*

No comments: