Wednesday, August 26, 2009

945. giant present

Rant of the day: So fast it's work the next day. Sian...

I know I've not been blogging regularly this few days. Busy? Perhaps. Lazy? Definitely!!! Just not sure why I've lost the blogging itch recently. There'd been updates and photos taken but just no urge to show it on blog. Lazy lazy lazy... A blogger need to slack occasionally ya? Hahaha...

Anyway, I'm on leave since Monday till today and it's back to work tomorrow for 1 day! Will be on course on Friday. Nice. Since I've just transferred all the photos into my lappy, might as well post it up here.

The most important event since Saturday till now, is NOT about the $5 I'd won over the mahjong table on dear's cousin (He Yong) 21st birthday buffet. Hahaha... It's gotta be dear's birthday celebration on Sunday. It's the first time in my 26 years, cooking an entire meal for someone. Dear is a big fan over Japanese food. And I'm pretty much a Japanese food lover as well. So, tried my best to wipe up Japanese curry!!!

Photobucket

Good thing is that there are instructions behind the box. Phew~~~ It's damn useful for someone who don't cook anything else but instant noodles ok!!!

1 box cooks for 6 servings. So here is the big pot of stuff that I'd chopped and threw in. Carrots. Onions. Potatoes. Chicken. And most importantly, the right amount of water.

Photobucket

Once it hit the right time, throw in the curry cubes in pieces. Stir and stir over slow heat. Wait for curry to thicken.

Photobucket

And tada!!! Japanese curry with rice!!! Looks good isn't it? Even mum says it's good.

Photobucket

And this simple Japanese curry took me more than 1 hour to cook!!! Gosh!!! But it's not easy for someone who never had home econs lesson hor!!! At least I chopped everything myself and know how to start the fire.

Since I really have no idea how to bake a cake, I have to settle for the instant option -- the microwave ready cake mix. Simply pour in water. Follow the instructions. And you will get a tasty molten cake out almost less than 3 minutes!!! Here's the caramel molten cake I'd done for dear.

Photobucket

There's supposed to be words written in caramel but after the mix puffed up, all the words got covered up. So sad...

Dear making her wish over the mini cake I've made.

Photobucket

She loves the cake. It's really yummilious.

Dear's big bag of present I've gotten for her. Reading the card I'd wrote. I always write a card every year for her. Never the exact same message. Always something different that I wanna let her know.

Photobucket

The extremely large present I'd bought for dear this year. It's pretty heavy as well but it's NOT gold bar!

Photobucket

Here she goes. Starting to unwrap the large box.

Photobucket

Still unwrapping with anticipation. The present is a lil too big for dear to unwrap.

Photobucket

And tada~~~ A huge metal makeup box to store all her makeup barang barang. Interior compartments fully adjustable. Comes with lock.

Photobucket

Not sure if dear is really pleased with this large present but now, she can happily arrange all her makeup stuff nicely in a box. Hope you love this present dear. Muacks!

Happy birthday!!!

(PS: I'm not in the photos because I'm hot, smelly and sweaty after all the cooking.)

No comments: