Tuesday, September 22, 2009

957. birds

Rant of the day: Long weekend not long enough...

Think I'm getting myself into swimming again recently. Maybe because I'm getting fairer... That's why... I wanna get my tan back. Don't wanna look like some sick and fair boy. My skin don't feel the burning sensation after today's long session under the hot sun. But I'm alot tanner now.

I'm trying to learn how too swim Butterfly stroke but it's damn tough lah. And it demands a lot of energy and oxygen intake. Plus, it's really hard to manage the "wriggling" posture for a long period. If done wrongly like me, you might end up looking like a caterpillar instead. Hoping that under dear's guidance, I can quickly master it.

Anyway, after today's swim, went to Louis' (dear's cousin Su Ling's boyfriend) place to check out his pet birds. OMG!!! They are damn cute!!!

This is Money, a mix breed cockatoo.

Isn't she adorable. And she is damn sai nai. And yes, she's one of the rare few cockatoos that don't bite.

And this is Almond. It's still too young to determine the gender.

But it bites. That's why I'm keeping it a lil distance from me. Hahaha...

And they have extremely sharp claws!!! No joke man. I can't imagine if they are fully grown. Their claws might be able to rip my fingers apart.

I tried having budgies (those mini parrots look-alike in blue, green or yellow) many years back but it ain't easy to take care of birds. It's pretty tough actually. And they requires alot of attention. Also, need to know how to clip off their flight feathers if you wanna let them roam around the house without flying away.

Think I better stay with having a dog instead. Hahaha...

It's back to work again. Even though it's only 4 days left to work this week, it still felt sucky...

No comments: