Monday, December 14, 2009

1011. laptop problem resolved

Rant of the day: I'm getting afraid of injection... Pain...
I'm not working today and after clearing what I needed to do, sent my laptop for "repair" because I cannot start up without the AC power. Meaning, just with a fully charged battery, I still cannot switch it on. A natural assumption will be a faulty battery right? But a new discovery! It's actually the RAM not fitted properly when I was given the free RAM upgrade during my purchase. Chey... I thought what's wrong with my 6 months old laptop... Hahaha...

Even though a lot of time wasted due to travelling (the service centre for Acer is at International Business Park @ Jurong East), but luckily it wasn't any major hiccups. Well, you know I'm seldom lucky with electronics no matter how protective I am with the gadgets.

Installed Norton Internet Security 2009 and trying to set up PPS but it kept failing. Not sure why though. After downloading the installer for about 1 hour, it's still at 43.3KB?!? Odd... Never mind. Shall try again tomorrow.

Back to work tomorrow. I need to start clearing as much stuff asI can that's outstanding. Leave clearing is just around the corner...

No comments: