Tuesday, August 07, 2007

522. empty

Rant of the day: Darn... I'm working on National Day. Can't even enjoy my long weekend.

An empty bus. Haven't took an empty bus for quite some time. The short moment of lonely and quietness suddenly feel good. But just a short will do. Don't make the loneliness too long. It's not healthy.

Anyway, I hate to look for assistance. It's ok when the other party is willing to teach with all the right attitude. Even though sometimes it might not be useful or relevant. But it really irks me when the person have attitude problem and always makes you feel stupid! If I know how to do or what to do, I wouldn't be looking for help. If you don't want to help, then just make it known and I'll not ask you for help in the future. I don't need those arrogant tone to work on me as if your seniority makes a whole lot of difference. What's with that air of arrogance surrounding?

I've also realised that some peps just simply have too much ego in them. So much ego that they can't accept feedbacks at all. There's a saying that relates to if a person gives you truthful and sincere advise, this person is not your enemy but a friend and vice-versa. Although I wouldn't say I'm a superb and professional presenter but I dare say that I'm a pretty good one and therefore, my advises to improve presentation skills should be treated seriously. But since the ego forbids learning from my advises, then I'll save my "5-cent" worth of advise in the future.

Lesson learnt: Even though you are more then willing to share what you know, there's peps who simply thinks you are speaking crap. Save it for these peps. Not worth the effort.

Oh well...

If you've read my "rant of the day" correctly, yes, I'm working on National Day. How "nice"... Though not a full day work but it really disrupt my plans for a long weekend. It's a BIG arrow that I can't "siam" (dodge) just in case you didn't realise. Sharon calls it delegation of work. Haha. Let's just hope that it wouldn't take long.

No comments: