Saturday, August 25, 2007

531. dear's birthday and natsu matsuri

News of the day: Cheap slippers at Bedok!

Happy birthday to you.
Happy birthday to you.
Happy birthday to my darling.
Happy birthday to you.


It's dear's birthday today and we had a pretty interesting way of spending this wonderful day. While dear was working on her office relocation this morning, I'd spent the morning on touching up the pressie that I've got her more than a week ago.

I've got quite a nimble hands too. Inherited from my mum. Heehee... Anyway, inside the nice blue box is a brand new Nintendo DS Lite, light blue in colour. Dear had always wanted one, so, shall buy her one at the danger of burning my wallet. Shall not spend so much for at least 2 months.

Me in my new beanie. It's priceless. Brand -- Mum's Homemade.

Met up with dear for my lunch at Bedok, where I surprised her with the gift. Had been keeping the surprise away from her and bought her a "dummy" pressie (stitch cushion) to cover up the tracks. I'm not sure if my gift came too much of a surprise and made dear hushed in the public.

As planned, we tried to reach The Japanese School as early as we can for the Natsu Matsuri (Japanese Summer Festival). Dear always wanted to go, so I might as well go and see what's in store on such traditional festival. The place was crowded but luckily the place was pretty windy. Wanted to rent their traditional yukata but stock ran out even though we were practically rushing in as fast as our legs could carry. It'll be cool if I can pose in one!

The school is gigantic for a primary school. It came with a complete track and field, and outdoor stage and a swimming pool! It's even bigger than our local junior colleges!

Arina joined us at a later timing to catch some of the performances put up by the Japanese and even some of our local peps! Some nicely done, especially the tradition drums performance and some not so nicely done but still worth the claps for the effort. Just a word of advice -- hip hop dance performance should not involve too much performers.

Everything in the school is miniature. The toilet. The washing up corner. The benches. They even put a stool in front of the water cooler for the kids!

They actually painted the benches! So cute!

It's nice to see dear enjoying herself on her day. Seeing her smile makes me smile too.

No comments: