Sunday, December 07, 2008

770. understanding

Rant of the day: The long weekend don't seems long enough.

Sometimes, I don't think I make a good boyfriend...

Sometimes, I don't think I'm really ready to get into a relationship...

Sometimes, I don't think I can what my better half want...

Sometimes, I don't think I don't think I should get attached...

When I get attached, I wanna share my joy with the person that I'm holding onto. I wanna love her with all my heart and soul. I wanna bring her happiness. I wanna show her the future that we can build together. A family... House... Car... Cards... Children... Stable income... It is sort of the Singaporean dream. But is it really a dream?

"You don't understand women!" -- A sentence that every man in this world will hear. And seriously, only women will whine and pass such irresponsible comment. Since when did guys complain to their woman that they don't even fucking understand their own man in the first place?

And even if the guy did mentioned, they say "You always kept quiet! How to understand you?". Contradicting sentences but seriously, whatever...

To me, this kinda comment has a certain level of despise. If said in a wrong tone or follow with a wrong statement, it actually implies "You are fucking stupid!". So what's the purpose of going out with a stupid guy? Go out and find a better guy who "understands" women lar. We shall see if the level of "understanding" maintains the same after screwing you upside down on the bed without true love in place.

I'm hurt to a certain extend when such statement is used on me.

You see, there is a difference between a guy who you have not been going out with but seems to "understand" you and a guy whom you had been seeing for a while but is not "understanding" you better as compared to the former.

What is a real "understanding"? The first guy obviously don't understand you but because both the guy and the gal has so much to explore about one another, they seems to "understand" what each other wants. This is the fake veil that appears in between both because you are both in the state infatuation. And we all know, mere infatuated relationship will not last.

So, wondered why the second guy don't seems to understand you? Because you had already explored enough and seen the good, bad and ugly of the other half. If it is true love, you will still be together and try to work out the difference. That is the REAL understanding!

Think again before telling your better half that they don't understand you. Don't fall into a trap where both of you understand one another so well that now, he/she don't seems to understand you. Because, tendency is that you will fall back and wish for the infatuation state to relive (probably with a different person) and that is dangerous.

No comments: