Wednesday, December 31, 2008

784. on 31 december 2008...

Love of the day: I love working half day! Yippeee...

Ok, I'm gonna use mum's mobile line to upgrade to a better phone. Omnia, here I come!!! With trade in here and there, the 8GB version shouldn't cost more than $190. Not bad eh... Goodbye Sony Ericsson! Hello Samsung!

Anyway, prolly my last post for 2008. Just some reflection on myself for 2008. Not exactly the best year to talk about...

2008 is the year where I no longer felt "attached" to my job. It is now only a job to sustain my school fees. When you pull a rubberband too much, it snaps. Same applies for human. Either the person snaps mentally or the interest on the job snaps. Either case, it's a lose-lose situation for the office. Because, productivity level drops. This results in lower quality. So, don't complain why your staff "sucks" in their job.

2008 is the year when I finally got the chance to know how the radio broadcasting works. Yeah, it came with a price. But now, I have a better picture of what to expect if I'm ever going to be a radio DJ. Nah... that's not gonna come true lar. Just a dream.

2008 is the year when I first stepped into a real recording studio. Not exactly just to record my own songs but rather, a collaborated DnD album though. But it's damn exciting! Unfortunately, no solo parts. So sad... But still, it's an experience.

2008 is the year when I conclude the results for my first year with RMIT. Not bad though. Straight distinction. Hopes of flying to Australia to graduate grew stronger. Now it's a chance to prove that Eric can indeed achieve something academically. He is not a stupid boy! Booooo to those who use to think Eric is a totally dumb ass during primary, secondary and poly years. you see, Eric can do it!

2008 is the year when I got my first credit for the final year RMIT studies. So demoralised. Contradicts the above para. Now, hopes about flying to Australia diminished. So sad... This means I have to work double or even triple harder then now! Looks like more sleeping time have to be sacrifice.

2008 is the year when I got my first credit card. Yeah! So exciting! But watch the spending ya. Must always echo this in my head "Don't over spend... Don't over spend..."

2008 is the year when there is a new family member at home -- Deric, my Japanese Spitz. He is totally adorable. Seldom barks and always do the cute grunts. Always waiting for us to feed him snacks. And yes, always poo poo around his "toilet" tray but rarely on the tray accurately! Maybe he is also short-sighted.

2008 is the year when I'm really pissed off with people in office... yes, that twinkle twinkle starfish! And today, she also have to ask me something that my jaws almost dropped. Didn't she passed her income tax course? Why still ask me those DUMB tax questions which can be self answered if she look at the damn form properly?

2008 is the year when I make new friends in work and school! New faces. New people. You peeps had been great company. Tianyu... Jocelyn... Sarah... Joanne... Ching Ping... Stanley... Huey Weng... Fang Ying... all the temp staff... Siew Hoon... You peeps rocks!

2008 is the year when I got really upset with people in class. No names mentioned but it hurts and saddens me. All the trust are lost. What I used to believe, now, I no longer believe.

2008 is the year when I no longer trust Sony Ericsson's product. Think their mobile phone sucks to the core. Their older model were so good but why they cannot continue the legacy? The mobiles are getting from bad to worse!

And how can I forget about dear?

Today, is officially the 3rd year I known dear. We first met each other at MoS on 31 December 2005 for that year's countdown. The accidental hooking of arms together hooked us together till now. I love you baby! Muacks! Shall we hook on for many many more years to come?

Anyway, some stuff that I really wanna do in 2009. Not really a resolution but a hope that I have the time or money or courage to do it...
1) Record my radio DJ demo and send it to Mediacorp
2) Start a Mandrin online novel
3) Exercise more often
4) Take up long term hip hop class
5) Learn singing
6) Complete a marathon
7) Go for a long holiday

That's about all I guess...

Ok, time to start preparing for countdown tonight. Zirca or Rebel or Zouk?

No comments: