Thursday, January 01, 2009

785. first day of 2009

Rant of the day: My neck is aching...

Yeap... My first post for 2009. Not working tomorrow, so I can afford to stay up a lil later then the usual.

Countdown at Zirca was great. But due to some indigestion, my stomach aches like hell. There's like so much "air" in my stomach and kept going to toilet. Not the best way to start the new year lor! And yes, I spent alot of money on the countdown... The dinner. The cover. The drinks. The cab. Ouch... But as long as dear enjoyed herself, I'm more than willing to spend.

And, Zirca is damn fun but last night was way TOO CROWDED! Already with the bad stomach, then, people EVERYWHERE! Can't even enjoy dancing. Either people elbowed me or having their sweaty and smelly back rubbing mine. Eeewwww...

Oh yes, haven't been dancing on the platform for really long and last night, was finally up on the platform again. Can't believe I'm doing that but yeah, I'm really on the platform. Haha...

Odd thing is, why are there people looking at me? Looking... NOT staring... Either I look really outstanding or I danced damn well. Hahaha. Whatever the case is, if you wanna learn how to dance in club from me, charges as follows:
1) Cover to clubs - on you
2) Cab fare home - on you
3) Drinks in the club - on you
4) 1-1 personal coaching - $20 per hour in the club
5) Late night supper after class - on you

Sounds like a good deal ya... Haha...

**********

Anyway, I self-proclaim to be the nightmare for all customer service officers who cannot serve well.

I am easily annoyed by officers who DON'T listen to what I said! If he/she requires me to repeat myself the damn thing 3 times, this officer is really in deep shit.

Earlier this afternoon, made a call to Singtel mobile to find out their lil promo on the 9-9 online shopping discount. It states "Terms and conditions applies" but I cannot access this "terms and condition" page online. In case you are wondering what is it, it's an online promo from 9pm to 9am, you get to enjoy a $30 discount. BUT, it didn't state whether is it applicable for all phone models.

Thinking that it might only applies to certain model, I called their helpline to confirm my understanding since that "terms and condition" page is not loading. The officer confirmed twice to me that it applies to ALL phone models, on top of the trade-in.

So, just a while ago, I was trying to make my purchase for the Omnia 8GB but when I was about to make payment, the $30 wasn't reflected. Based on my mum's mobile plan, the phone cost $368. After trade-in, the phone should cost $218. And, after the promo discount, it should only be $188. But, the bill shows $218!

Weird...

So, I made another call to the helpline. Initially, it was told that the $30 will be rebate from the coming bill. Then, he called me back and told me that he made a mistake. This phone model does not enjoy the discount. This happened only after I paid for the phone!

I explained to him calmly about the confirmation given by another officer in the afternoon that this promo applies to ALL models but he simply don't get what I'm trying to say.

"I'm sorry sir but this model don't enjoy the model."
"But the officer that I spoke to this afternoon says that it applies to all model."
"I understand but I'm sorry sir but this model don't enjoy the model."
"I heard you but I say, the officer that I spoke to this afternoon says that it applies to all model."
"I understand but I'm sorry sir but this model don't enjoy the model."
*I got really fed up with this stupid officer*
"I SAY AGAIN. THE OFFICER THAT I SPOKE TO THIS AFTERNOON SAYS THAT THE DAMN PROMO APPLIES TO ALL DAMN MODELS! YOU HEAR ME? A-L-L... ALL! SO I DON'T CARE WHATEVER YOU SAY AND JUST GIVE ME THAT DAMN DISCOUNT! DON'T CARE HOW YOU DO IT BUT I WANT IT! YOU HEAR ME? IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE WHAT I SAID, GO RETRIEVE THE CALL LOG!"
"Erm... So... Erm... Ok, I will erm... do a $30 bill rebate in your next bill sir. Is that ok?"

Fierce eh? I think I'm damn fierce lar. But I'm not wrong in raising my voice. He is NOT listening to what I had said!

Then, in less than 2 min, he called back and says he cannot do the $30 bill rebate and offered a 6 months free caller ID instead, which mum had been paying for it at $5 per month. Ok lar, add up still gives me $30.

But than again, I'm already buay song ("unhappy" in hokkien) about it. What a way to start my new year! Scolding people on the first day of the year is not a good sign. But I'll stand and protect for what is right for me.

So if you are a customer service officer and you know you cannot serve me well, please, stay clear. Else, you will get yourself a very bad day.

No comments: