Monday, December 08, 2008

772. today

Rant of the day: Sian... Tuesday blues...

I've recently re-installed Audition SEA and Maple SEA back into my laptop. Yes, Maple SEA do runs on Vista now but the installation is damn tedious.

The power of alter ego is huge. We all can't control ourselves to create a "new" self in the virtual world. A place where you can't see me and I can't touch you. You have powers which is not gonna happen in reality. You can dance so well but in reality, you are so clumsy until you can barely coordinate your hands and legs.

Powers of imagination runs wild. Which is why online gaming thrives even though the economy is disastrous.

**********

It's been raining for almost the whole day and for once, I finally felt it's DECEMBER! So cold... Brrrrrrrrr... Dear and I already had plans to swim and tan but thanks to the morning rain, we don't have a choice but to cancel it. Worse thing is the rain just kept on going and going! We were practically stuck at home.

But mum wanna go shopping at Takashimaya. Well, why not? So when the rain got really manageable, mum, dear and I decided to make a quick move. Dinner at Soup Spoon was great. Think mum haven't enjoyed her soup for a really long time.

Since mum got her $140 Takashimaya cash voucher, shopping wasn't as tedious. Got an electric BBQ board, brother's Renoma underwear and my CK underwear. Yes, I'm a big sucker for CK underwear now. They are so comfortable that I can't resist buying more. And it's on sale now!

*grab*

Can't get a comforter though. Those at Takashimaya were astonishingly expensive! I'm sure we can get better deals else where. Perhaps it's time we make a trip to Robinsons or John Little.

**********

Christmas is a time for shopping and I seriously think the recession issue isn't so big after all. Look at the number of people queueing in front of Crystal Jade Restaurant! Look at the number of people in Takashimaya, Zara, Coach, Gucci, LV...

I agree that because of the recession, people are now more careful of what they put in their shopping bag but even if the branded boutiques are on sale, the remaining 30% is still way to expensive. At least for me lar. I can't afford the 30% even if LV is ever going to be on sale.

Seriously, where's the recession?

No comments: