Monday, September 17, 2007

541. a good start

Rant of the day: Talking to her is a chore!

I'm not sure if dear detects it but her dad is finally not giving me the cold-shoulder now. Well, at least he acknowledged my presence when I greeted him and I can see a faint hidden smile on him. F-I-N-A-L-L-Y!!! It's a good start... really... and you don't know how much this means for me. It's like you are in a dark tunnel and finally see a faint light coming from a far far exit.

It's also my second tax course today and it's terrible but the information are beneficial though. I really cannot stand *ahem* anymore. She is super destructive in class, at least to me because I'm sitting next to her. She loves to act as if she's damn knowledgeable when she's not exactly on "that level" yet.

Here's some instances of what happened:

When we are doing our pop questions, she'll be like "whispering" to me, "I dunno how to do leh. Don't understand what is this about." and she'll start scribbling something that doesn't seems to be legible. But when others are giving the answers in class and got stuck, she'll "whisper" again, "Haiya... it's this and this this mah. So simple also dunno." and then making those "zhig" sound as if she's irritated and others are damn dumb.

Also, she'll suddenly asked me those questions that's NOT related at all. As if she's trying VERY hard to strike up a conversation with me. She happens to know that I'm taking up Mass Communication with RMIT and commented "Wah, good good. Entertainment industry earn alot leh! Can get a job easily also." I'm totally speechless when she commented that and gave her that "as if" look. Plus, she's totally not convinced that entertainment and media industry don't exactly earn that much, and kept insisting she's right. If by doing media and entertainment stuff can get all the riches in this world, then there will be thousands of millionares on the street now! Duh... I really feel stupid when I'm talking to her.

Talking about communicating, Kalpana was also chatting with me on some staff communication issue and she suddenly "blurt" out that she don't like talking to XX because he always "shoot" her down in her email. She really thinks too highly of herself. Practically NOBODY in office like to talk to her in the first place. Talking to her is a chore!

Oh well, like a Chinese saying -- 一种米养百种人. It simply means that there are so many different kind of people in this world.

Anyway, my first lesson starts tomorrow. I'm worried but at the same time excited. It's back to school whether I'm prepared or not. I've made the first move and now it all depends on the subsequent steps that I'm going to take. Will I make it? I have to... and with lotsa mental support.

Enough of reading and enjoy some music that I think it's perfect for our ears. Big Girls Don't Cry by Fergie.

No comments: