Tuesday, September 18, 2007

542. first lesson

Quote of the day: 思念是一种病。

First lesson starts with a class of 52 and mostly females but I can't help to feel "lost" during the lesson. It reminds me of my first day back at NYP. Lotsa lecture mates have media background but a handful like me with nothing on hand.

A brief self-introduction and the lesson starts. Tried mingling around but somehow, I'm just not really a true social butterfly. I've like only chatted with the 2 gals and a guy seated behind me. I thought that they are really good company to start off with. Well, at least in mass comm, everyone shouldn't be too hard to strike a conversation.

My lecturer is great fun. At least I don't foresee myself dozing off in his classes but I can't tell for the rest of lecturers. He's quite understanding to his students as he know most of us are working adults.

First lesson wasn't that hard to comprehend but I seriously thinks that the rest of the chapters are not simple. But I'll work on that. Will grab a copy of Today everyday as he STRESSED that we should read more newspapers (not including TNP) and watch more TV, especially the news segments.

Talking about Today newspaper, peps here just love to queue for anything free. And in most instances, I don't think those in queue read the papers. Those ah mahs and ah peks will rush to the nearest Today kiosk and queue. No mater rain or shine, they will be there queueing and even asking for more copies if possible. So many copies for what? 1 copy or 2 copies are still the same copies what. Spare a thought for the rest of the rushing working crowd who prolly needs the paper more then you laa.

Catched the MTV Video Music Award 2007? Well, the controversial Britney Spears performed her new song -- Gimme More.

Somehow, I personally thinks that she had lost that "shine" in her. There's no punch in her dance that she use to have. She seems uncomfortable in whatever she wore on stage. Maybe too revealing? She seems unconfidence with herself. Maybe too fat? Maybe her really ugly hair? It's quite a pity actually for an artiste to turn out this way. Wishes her all the best and hope things will eventually turn out right.

Well, I think I should logoff now and go to my lalaland. It's late and I'm really really tired...

No comments: