Sunday, February 22, 2009

818. prawn fishing

Rant of the day: School starts tomorrow. 4 days this week! I'm tired...

I am not sure why but I'm really not enjoying my weekend. Maybe I'm too drained with work and can't get peace even after work. Or maybe I'm too broke to go anywhere because everything needs money.

The last withdrawal almost made me vomit blood. It's only about 2 weeks from my last pay day and I had spent more than 60% of my designated amount. I've still got 2 weeks to go before my next pay cheque.

Sian...

Can I like just stay home and not go anywhere? I need to quarantine myself and NOT spend! It's so demoralising lor! So sad... Simply no mood but sometimes people around you sort of can't sense your "moodless" behaviour.

*sigh*

Anyway, dear found a new but expensive hobby... prawn fishing. I had done it once during poly days and never quite like it. Cause it is really NOT cheap if you don't catch that many prawns.

But than again, as long as dear likes it and pays for it herself, I'll just tag along and hang around...

There's the floating bait indicator. Beneath lies our bait and the prawns...

This is the bait. Chicken heart. But it ain't effective. Prawns like smelly food, similar to crabs. So, think chicken liver will be a better bait. Best if you can find fat and live earthworms.

Here's dear with her first catch. She's so proud with her catch. So, she'll do the fishing, I'll do the un-hooking. What is rewarding for the "moodless" me is seeing her so excited everytime the we catches a prawn.

So, we spent 3 hours catching... erm... 7 prawns. Not too bad for beginners. I guess this prawn fishing will continue till dear run out of interest.

If you are interested too, do visit those prawn fishing places at Bishan, Pasir Ris and Punggol. Prices are about the same. $15 per hour. $30 for 3 hours.

No comments: