Monday, March 23, 2009

841. presentation... *sigh*

Rant of the day: I need some good and quality sleep... zzzZZZzzz...

What I cannot swallow is when people criticise that my presentation is not professional...

Sort of disappointed and extremely pissed. Even though I am not trained (with certification) that I am a full fledge public speaker, but with my past 2 years of public speaking experiences, I am quite proud to be a decent (perhaps more than just decent) speaker/presenter.

How do you judge your audience? Based on just 1 audience or the group as a whole? So, when we planned the presentation, we used the whole class as a model -- friends. It will be a complete opposite if we are presenting to a hall of lecturers right?

Which is why I felt his comments are over-critical.

It's not that we don't accept what he said. While we understand and readily accept his constructive and suggestive feedbacks, certain stuff are also not exactly justifiable.

1) Your skit is not funny -- then explain why people are laughing...
2) Your presentation is not professional -- depends on how we factor out the audiences.
3) Important thing is at the last few slides -- mentioned in the first few slides, we NEED to evaluate all before we can come to a conclusion.
4) "Bubble tea" is so past tense -- the bubble tea scenario wasn't the main content. We are talking about HERD INSTINCT with reference to the bubble tea scenario.

While we admit to the stage mistakes we'd made because we really over-looked (we had practise the use of the lightings before the start), and perhaps certain words used were pretty crude. Still, it is a little over-doing of the critics.

Tried defending but... Whatever it is, all done... Looks like my distinction is gone.

Focus on exam... wrong... my Bintan trip and than my birthday!!! Yeah!!!

No comments: