Sunday, April 25, 2010

1063. universal studio singapore

Rant of the day: Ankle still swollen... Ultimate sianzation...
The trip to Universal Studio Singapore on Saturday was a blast!!! It was hell lotsa fun even though I was wheelchair-bound!!! IRAS Family Day 2010 held on Saturday at the venue was a well organised one. Heard the boss said during the speech that we are the first organisation to do it there.

During the visit, saw alot of my colleagues and almost everyone were concerned about my injury. DON'T WORRY PEEPS!!! I'm well and good. Just that my movement is really restricted and of course, the morning pain...

Do heard comments that why am I still going to the family day with my current condition... Oh come on peeps, I'd paid for the tickets. Moreover, I had a wheelchair. I don't need to walk around with my crutches. I'm well bandaged up and not exactly feeling too much pain. It's such a rare chance to be here so die die must come!!!

The most ridiculous comment was: "Easy for you lah. Got people push you around while you sit hor?"

Easy for you to say... Perhaps the person wanna try sitting on a wheelchair for a day and see if it feels good.

If you are at Universal Studio, how can you miss taking a photo at their signature globe?!?


I love this photo best. My family and my favourite character in Shrek the Movie!!! It's Puss-in-Boots!!! Meow...


This is probably the best taken photo of the park yesterday. The castle of the Far Far Away Land.


Lunch was the at park as well. There's this restaurant call the KT Grill. Ordered quite the standard stuff you can get outside like chicken, fish and chips and steak. Though the choices ain't wide but the food is good. But this particular steak the dear and I ordered to share was really AMAZING!!!


Look at the size of the steak!!! And it's damn good!!! A steak worth waiting for... Ya... We waited for about 30min for this steak to be served.

Food aside, one of the best experience was that the park is pretty much handicap-friendly. Serious!!! Because of my injury and the wheelchair, I was given priority to almost EVERYTHING!!! Express lane. Assisted pavement. Elevators. Special arrangements. Extremely helpful and friendly staffs. Lovin' every moment of it. I'm practically treated like a king there!!! Probably because of my condition and needed extra caution bah...

Not only me getting these special privileges. My family members accompanying me get to ride with me on the priority queue as well!!!

And guess what... Besides the water ride, I can take almost any ride there!!! Even the high speed indoor roller coaster!!! So long I can get onto the ride without the wheelchair on my own and the safety rails can close up, I can take the ride!!! Woohoo~~~

So maybe getting badly injured just before the trip to the park isn't such a bad thing after all. =P

No comments: