Friday, February 16, 2007

408. troubles with dads

Rant of the day: It's hard to please the old man.

Why do I like so foresee a bad relationship with dear's dad in the future? I'm just so not an uncles man. Yes, I'm actually a very aunties man. Aunties seems to like me more. Haha. Hmmmmm. But with dear's dad in particular, it's really annoying when the things you do just not being appreciated.

I've been trying my best not to piss him off but it's not working. So, I'm not going to try anymore. So what's his problem with me? Am I the problem or is it the other way round? Whatever la. Just can't understand what's his problem with me... I didn't do anything wrong right? Is it that I'm not rich to match? Or is it that I don't come from a complete family? Or does he perceive that I'm a drug smuggler? Haha...

I mean I don't smoke, neither do I drink heavily or gamble. In fact, drinking is only a social interaction and I don't even bet at all. I don't cheat. I don't splurge and even if I do, I splurge on her daughter for goodness sake.

On festive seasons like CNY, it's only a good gesture of buying CNY goodies to each others elders. And noting that I'm not celebrating CNY this year due to my grandpa's demise, it's just a courteous move. Fine if he don't like what I've bought but he really doesn't need to add on sentences like "it's not for us but for you (referring to dear)" or "I'm going to scold him by the way". Scold me for? What a mood spoiler!

I sense trouble in the future. But that's not stopping me from loving dear... =D

Does all dads handles daughter's relationship this way? Share with me your experience and tell me what should I do.

No comments: