Tuesday, February 27, 2007

414. the letter

Rant of the day: I have butterflies in my stomach.

The letter is ready.

I've put the letter is in the envelope.

I wanted to pass it to my supervisor today but it's not a good day today, so shall save it for 1st March.

The letter is in my file now.

I'm thinking of what to tell my supervisor.

My heart has been pumping the entire day.

Damn...

Anyway, that's what been going on today but it's just not the right day to give the bad news to my boss. The service level had crashed quite terribly today and I think he had some really bad shit from his boss. So if I give him the letter today, think he might not be able to sleep soundly. I could still wait till 1st March anyway. I've been thinking the entire day of what he might ask and how should I answer.

"Hi VJ, I know it's not the right day but I have to pass you this."
"I'm really so sorry that I couldn't contribute any further."
"Well, the root comes from the wanting to further my studies. I don't want to stop at diploma."
"Planning to do my degree at SIM."
"Degree in Mass Communication offered by RMIT."
"Part time."
"I know about START Programme by our company but due to distance from home to work then to school, it's too much for me to take. And also on shift work, even if you put me permanent morning, I cannot take it. I don't want to screw up the company, my work and my studies."
"So, I think it's time to look for an office hour job."
"Yes, I hate to leave you guys but..."
"Thanks VJ. Will do my best in studies. Can I have a testimonial?"
"Ya, I'll still do as much as I can in this while."

I can so see what we can talk about... Hope it really goes this way. My final email is already ready in my Outlook Draft folder.

No comments: