Tuesday, April 03, 2007

438. shopping

Quote of the day: Nobody is perfect. I'm nobody.

It's raining cats and dogs now and comes with thunder and lightning. So peps, please be careful when outside. Run for shelters.

Luckily, yesterday evening wasn't like this. Dear and I had done some serious shopping yesterday at Bugis Street. I bought a total of 2 tees, a shirt and a pendant which comes free with the shirt. All cost me in total $33. I'm not joking, it is $33! The tees were going at $15 for 2. Think they are going to change the collection series. So, bought one for me and one for lil brother as a farewell gift, since he is leaving for Brunei for 6 months. The shirt, together with a dog-tag shaped pendant, caught dear's eye while we were walking pass a shop. The guy promised to give us the pendant for free if we buy the shirt that was only going for $18. Quite a bargain right? But I will not get the pendant free without dear with me. Gals power with male sales personnel. Haha...

Dear bought alot more then just these. I think she spent almost $80 but for ALOT of stuff! She bought 3 pairs of stylish earrings for a mere $5 and 2 brightly coloured bangles at $3 each. Grabbed a cool sling bag for clubbing at only $10 and honestly, it is pretty nicely finished. 2 tees with funny prints at $20. A make-up pouch with embossed prints at $4.90. Last but not least, a new arrival blue top at slightly higher price of $34 after some bargaining. We didn't go for more bargaining as stocks just arrived yesterday. Paiseh la. So all these at under $80! We done some brief calculation, if we got all these from town, it will cost her at least $130. Ouch!

Bugis Street, still the best bargain heaven...

Ok, that's a long time since I've last shop for myself seriously. I've been buying stuff but not for myself, so it's been a rare day where dear saw me buying clothes for myself. Haha. But as it's so cheap to resist, might as well... Oops =x

From papers, there was another round of huge waves at somewhere near Australia. Tsunami attacks again. The globe is changing. I can't imagine if tsunami ever hits Singapore! We WILL all be drowned. There's no place to run! What? Bukit Timah? But what's lucky is that we are quite nicely covered by our neighbouring countries. So chances are minimal.

No comments: