Monday, April 30, 2007

458. sentosa

Quote of the day: A hungry man is an angry man.

Finally, the sun is smiling to Singapore! We can all feel the warmth after many days of heavy downpour. We were so worried that the rain might continues today when we are at Sentosa but phew, alls well! At least I managed to get just a lil tanned then the normal days. Ok, it's really just a LIL tanned. What can you expect from an evening sun?

My weights regime at home seems to work! Woohoo! Well, at least the rest can see the slight increase of bulk on my arms. Heehee... *grin* But there's more to go. By hook or by crook, I must loose weight. Ok, maybe not by crook but am trying hard to watch my diet.

Back to Sentosa today. The tram from Vivo to Sentosa seems pretty nice, except the cabin was a lil small. Something like the LRT but perhaps it's a weekend and therefore too many visitors. First time on luge and it's pretty fun! But what a pity, the ride was a short-lived one. Not really possible to take photos when you are riding one. Wanted to try but I rather not take the risk. The sand at Silso Beach is forever rough. It's such a pity right?

A short swimming and tanning by Siloso Beach and then it was dinner time. Felecia had booked seats at this place -- Cafe Del Moar. The only thing that I can say is that it really had fantastic ambience by the sea. But today was a damn bad experience with them. We placed our order at about 7pm and till 8.15pm, my order wasn't even served! What the heck?!? I've ordered the grilled chicken and perhaps they are still plucking it's feather! Taking into consideration that their menu isn't exactly cheap.

"May I know what's taking so long? We've placed our order quite some time ago."
"I'm so sorry sir but the system had some technical problems and we are trying to clear all orders as soon as possible."
"But why is the other tables being served first when we are here much earlier then them?"
"Oh, their table is smaller so they had cleared them first."
"?????"

It's a similar conversation but what the heck? Your system screwed up is your problem. We placed our order first so get them out asap! I can walk into any big and busy restaurants, place my orders and I DON'T need to wait for more than an hour to get them served! And what do you mean that the other tables are smaller and so clear them first? Isn't such on a first come first served basis? Rule of thumb for those in F&B industry -- A hungry man is an angry man, so don't ever make them more hungry!

We still got our food... more than an hour after we've placed our orders. Honestly, it's way too salty. The alcoholic content in their cocktails are so "generous" that I can barely taste them. Oh well, this is my first and definitely last time that I'm having my meals at this cafe. I rather eat at Vivocity.

Anyway, it's Ruling's birthday! Happy birthday gal! May all your dreams come true... But so sorry, I'm not the fairy godfather who grant wishes. Heehee...

No comments: