Sunday, November 01, 2009

984. halloween night

Rant of the day: I'm super broke now...
It's been quite a while since I'd last visited Marche @ Vivocity. Seriously love the food there. Went back with dear on Saturday evening before going for Halloween party. 


The weather ain't promising and we were pretty drenched when we were queueing. My attempt to capture the lightning on my Omnia failed after several tries. The rain didn't make the crowd budge even a lil. Everyone just crowded even closer to get some warmth and hoping peeps inside quickly finish their bite.

Good thing about only having 2 peeps -- get your seat faster. Hahaha... We almost got our seats immediately the moment we stepped into Marche and notifying the staff that we have only 2 of us. Bleah. Got the seats. Put our stuff down. Grab the Marche cards. Off to order!!! It's munching time!!!

Order a Spanish Paelle (seafood rice with prawns, chicken and loads of green pepper). Then, our favourite dish of mixed vegetables, mainly mushrooms and baby potatoes. And not forgetting the catch-of-the-day, Brown Garoupa with Pumpkin and Mashed Potato. This is seriously good stuff. It's my first time eating pumpkin mashed with potato and it's damn good lah!!! Very thirsty after the long queue. Ordered the lemongrass green apple tea. Shiok!!! And to end off the dinner, a delicious fruit pie filled with strawberries and grapes.

Sedap...

But of course, it's not exactly cheap lah. Good food comes with a price. Hahaha... Just a simple meal like this cost almost $50. Ouch!!! But considering all the good food we had, it's worth it (once in a while of course).

Halloween party last night was... well... pretty fun but it could have been alot better. Now I fully understand why most of my friends don't go clubbing with their gf. Shan't talk about it too much. I'm pretty sure for those whom are attached and goes clubbing with their gf will know what I meant.

We were originally planning to go crazy at Butter Factory but the queue was horrendous!!! And the worse thing was, they do not have a designated queue for those paying clubbers not opting for the free entry with costumes!!! This is totally fuck up. I'm paying to go in mind you. I'm not going in for free. Why let us queue and wait with all other "monsters" in the line??? Makes no sense at all. Reason why Zouk's management plans and serves better for those who are prepared to PAY money for entry.

Kevin suggested to go SOHO (Social House) at Liang Court.


There wasn't any queue to talk about! So happy! Like what Kevin said, the crowd probably went to try their luck at the larger clubs like Zouk, Zirca and Rebel.


In my attempt to look a lil more like vampire or Garra (a character from Naruto anime), I drew eye-liner if you realised... and it's a freaking painful experience lah!!! Dear tried drawing for me when we were still at Vivocity queueing for cab down to Fullerton. And there times where my eyes almost got poked!!! But dear had been really gentle. Unlike Arina, when she continue to draw it blacker and thicker, she literally drew like she's sketching on drawing board lah!!!

I probably might not draw this eye-liner thingy again. Because I look like those Changi bah-pok (gay) instead of vampire lah...

Dear is soooooooo fair that she already look like a vampire when my Omnia flashes during photo-taking. She's the delicious vampire ready to take blood from any guy who tries to touch her. Hahahahaha... You know, Jennifer's YaYa's Body...

Growl~~~

Here's Kevin and Arina.


He likes his white hat I realised. What's with that cheeking smile, Kevin? Yes, I know your hat very nice. You lack that ultra curly hair else, you look like MJ.

Something I like about SOHO is that they've got fantastic deco and dance poles in the centre of the dancefloor!!! The early of the night started really slow. The crowd were soooooo quiet and boring. But we had fun enjoying peeps and the poles. Here's some pictures...

The nice and beautiful to one pole and the scary to another one please.



From the above photo, the white and fat "dead" bride was calling out to her another "dead" friend, who decided to look for a "larger" pole that suits her size.



So size do matter actually...

The club actually got alot more happening as the night goes late. The dancefloor was crowded!!! But, sad to say, we left early... Will go back again some day but probably, not with gangs that brings gf. I don't wanna waste $30 again...

Come to think about it, I don't have many friends that still club nowadays. Sad...

No comments: