Wednesday, July 25, 2007

517. most beautiful person

Rant of the day: I hate TIGHT schedule!

I saw the most beautiful person that I've ever met in my life till now.

The person is a lady in her late thirties or early forties. She's not tall and skinny like Celine Dion. She does not have voluptous body with large boobies like Mariah Carey. She does not have silky fair skin like Gong Li. And she definitely doesn't put on sophisticated make-up like Tyra Banks.

As a matter of fact, she's quite short and plump. Her hair is shoulder length but seems unkempt and definitely need a good trim. Her face seems distorted as she's missing an eyeball and what's in place was a fake eyeball in the socket.

So, she's definitely not those ladies that will be in most men's sexual fantasy...

But why did I say she's the most beautiful person I've ever met?

It all started when I'd just knocked off this evening and rushing down to meet my gal for dancing lesson. The elevator door opened and there she was, standing there waiting to continue her journey out of office. We went in as usual and down goes the elevator to basement where the new underpass is opened. This underpass leads from our building to outside Novena Square and therefore for all who needs to take the MRT, this is the shortest possible route.

I'm as usual, taking out my mp3 player and at the same time, trying to avoid knocking into others. The underpass wasn't long but I love to take my own sweet time setting up my mp3 player. As I was in the middle of the underpass, I saw part of a baby stroller coming down step-by-step from the stairs on the entrance at Novena Square. A young white lady was trying very hard to get the stroller down the stairs without waking up the baby who was sleeping soundly.

Most, in fact all, who walked past the young mother, just gave a cold look and quickly walked away and rushing for the train. It's pointless for me to run all the way to assist her as by then, she will have reached the ground. This beautiful lady who was barely 10 steps away from her ran towards the stroller, grab hold of the front wheels firmly and helped the young mother to bring down the stroller safely to ground. The young mother was so touched that she loudly praised the lady for being so helpful. The beautiful lady just smiled and quickly resume her rush for the train.

Though being far away from the scene, I'm actually very touched by what I saw. Her looks simply can't hide the beautiful heart that she have within. She's so beautiful from within that makes all of us who look much better on the outside pales in comparison.

If she can stop and help the young mother, why did the rest of passerbys, who just looked on, not slowing down to help? And bare in mind that most of the passerbys are prolly parents themselves and if that's the case, how are they going to teach and educate their children? If they are already parent themselves, they should havd understood how difficult was it for the young mother but why didn't they help?

And that's why the lady I've mentioned is beautiful.

*sigh*

Well, breaking away from the above. Dear had started working in a brand new environment. She stress... really stress. I hope I can be of some help but no matter how hard I'd tried, I barely squeezed out some pitiful smiles on her face. Seeing her so stress and depress, I'm pretty hurt myself. I wanted to give encouragement for her but it turns out worse. I really don't know what else I can do to make her feel better and all I can do now is to peck her face and hug her tight. I really hope it helps...

Dear, no matter how hard it is, you must 加油 ok! Muacks!

No comments: