Friday, June 01, 2007

491. gifts

Note of the day: Feeling stressed? You should take some desserts because when you spell stressed backwards, you get desserts. So, it's meant for de-stress... Haha...

Simply dislike doing pre-employment medical checkups. Not because the staffs are unfriendly but rather the wait is horrible. It took me 2 hours to complete and it's just basic tests to be done. Well, at least it's free medical checkup. Haha.

Saw Huang Biren while I was waiting for the lift at the medical centre with mum. She's really elegant, skinny and TALL! She seems pretty much in her own thoughts so let's not kah jiao her even though mum a big fan of her dramas.

Mum insist on getting me a new bag for my new job. Gosh, men's bags ain't cheap! We looked around for quite a while and hated the service at Isetan Shaw House. We were looking at the bags from Braun Buffel when mum commented that the prices are pretty steep. Cost at least $400++ for a simple leather bag. The sales lady dropped a cheap-shoppers look at us and tell us no discount for those models and to look at other brands instead. What the fuck? She really think that I can't afford that $600 meh? Oh please, I can buy all the bags off that pathetic shelf at one go! She's not going to earn a penny from us. So we left in a huff to other malls.

Went all the way back to AMK Hub at decided to pay the Goldlion a visit. We were immediately greeted by smiles and much assistance. Really good explanation on every details of the bag that were looking at. Even after when we told her we need to look around first before deciding, she even say "no problem" with a huge smile on her. That's what we call excellent service and we really need those in Singapore. So after some consideration and comparison with other stores, we went back and got the bag from the nice lady.

Not bad actually. Even though it's not full leather but it's designed for both formal and casual occasions. Something really suits my age and style. Love the contrast between the white threads and the black leather strap. It's interior was well sewn with tough fabric for the outgoing men. Actually it caught my attention when we were at Isetan earlier on. Haha...

We also bought a pair of cufflinks together with the bag. My first pair of nice cufflinks. Cool right? Though not really eye-catching but needed a versatile pair for my 2 different top.

Thanks mum for the bag and cufflinks. I love them!

It's Shrek 3 tomorrow with dear, Angela and Likeng. Oh I can't wait! Dear and I got some special ideas for tomorrow. Haha...

No comments: