Tuesday, February 26, 2008

615. powered wheelchair

Rant of the day: I'm injured! Ouch!

I seriously thinks that the government should mandate that all those users of those electric-powered wheelchair users have to obtain license to use!

These electric-powered wheelchairs are also fast enough perhaps not to kill but at least cost injuries to other pavement users. Image from http://www.power-wheel-chair.net/images/invacare-nutron-r51lxp-folding-electric-wheelchair.jpg

And I am one of the victims. Are you? It's damn fucking painful and it's starting to swell up now. Not even sure if my calf bones have any hairline fractures or not.

Here's the story. I was making my way at the underground pavement at Bedok MRT towards the interchange to fetch my girlfriend. There is a centre divider that marks out left and right direction with clear indicators on the ground. Anyone with a fucking right mind will be able to distinguish which way goes left or right and if you going against the direction!

I was walking, as usual, with my earphone on and smsing my dear that I'm reaching soon. Out of the sudden, I felt a sharp pain on my lower-left calf. When I realised what's going on, the wheelchair left pedal was right in front of my calf! The rider quickly swerve away and made a mad dash from the crowd. I was stunned. My mind was literally blank for the next few seconds and I don't know how to react. All that was in my mind was that my calf is fucking painful and wanted to give a chase but it's simply too painful to even walk slightly faster (not mentioning to chase).

When I managed to make my way to the benches in front of Buzz Newpaper Store at the interchange, I rolled down my socks and was shocked that the other skin had peeled off and started to bleed a lil. I can feel that the sweel is starting to take it's course. Ouch!

Is the rider in the right mind? Is he fucking crazy or what? He is going against the direction and he still squeezed in without any safety consideration of other users? He already lost he's ability to walk and decided to make others the same too? Is any of the organisation or government body going to take up any actions on this?

The person shall get he's retribution. What goes around comes around. He knocks others with his "car" and prolly likewise for him...

No comments: