Sunday, October 05, 2008

729. taking things for granted

Quote of the day: Boy like that one meh?

It feels good to be alone for a while...

When things get settled down, people take things or even other people for granted. I think it's human nature to behave that way but perhaps we should slow down and step back. Take a good look at the people around you. Think... Are you taking them for granted?

When you assigned another task to the same person again, are you taking your capable subordinate ability for granted?

When you ordered your maid to bring you a glass of water from the kitchen when you can simply just move your butt to the kitchen in less then a minute, are you taking her presence for granted?

When you cross the zebra crossing without looking at on-coming traffic, are you taking road safety for granted?

When you hold onto your better-half and call him/her the sweetest thing but throws tantrum at the slightest thing that it's not even worth mentioning, are you taking your lover's patience for granted?

When you cannot wake up on time because your alarm clock fails but your mother forgot to wake you up on time and you started howling the nastiest thing on Earth at her, are you taking the person whom gave you life for granted?

When you try to make arrangement(s) for those you know, thinking that "it should be ok lar" but it might not be really be that ok because you do not have the ability to peer into a crystal ball, are you taking their time for granted?

I guess I somehow know why I'm feeling the stress... Because I'm being taken for granted in one way or another and which is why I said in the first line -- it feels good to be alone for a while. Because, no one can take you for granted if you are alone.

Snap back to reality...

Sunday started early today. Woke up earlier to go Qian Hu with dear for her "feet treatment" at the spa fish section. Dear's eczema problem doesn't seems to get any better with all those medically proven medicine and this spa fish treatment might be the only way out. No matter how tiring it is, I must accompany dear to this treatment twice a week. I hope it does improves her condition. It hurts me to see dear suffering with all the itch and pain...

Something dear and I heard on train today while on our way home...

Child sitting next to me: (pointing to a man with pony tail) Got girl standing.
Mother: That's not a girl. That's a boy. (she meant "man")
Child: Huh? Boy like that one meh? (still pointing at the man with pony tail)

Kid says the darnest thing on Earth!!! Haha. But the kid is right in one way or another. Please dress or groom yourself correctly according to your gender lar.

But it's a short Sunday with dear (which is also why I had time to me, myself and I) as it is dear's dad birthday and she need to be home. So I'm home, bathed Deric and entertained him a while before going into some of my notes but somehow, my brain was not registering. Words go in. Words come out. Maybe I'm just going through the words but not reading it and instead, enjoying the peace of being alone.

Side track. Being alone does not means I'm lonely. I do not have issues with my social life ok. just that I need to spend some time to myself and this is NOT a psychological problem! I'm not sick in my brain hor!!!

Then, had dinner with just mum and I at the neighbouring market. Bah kut teh!!! Pig trotters!!! Simple things in life to brighten up my day. Stop telling me these food are unhealthy. FOR GOODNESS SAKE, I KNOW!!! But just lemme enjoy would ya! I don't get to enjoy such food everytime ok...

And now, time to get back online. Yes, I wish to annoy you too! Watch this video and you will know how annoying I can get...

Annoying right? So how long did you last before smashing your computer? Haha...

No comments: