Wednesday, October 22, 2008

740. office politics

Question of the day: 那儿一种人会坐在马铃薯上面?(Answer at the bottom of this post)

Something we cannot run away from as long as you are in the working world -- office politics. But I felt the game this woman planning went a lil too far. I am not a push over. I am not someone that allows you to play like a pawn. I am not those peeps who will simply keep quiet and wait for you to stab left right centre.

Basically, I'm not someone to mess around in office...

I may keep quiet most of the time and forget about pursuing certain issues but NOT all the time. We shall see what will happen in the coming mid-year appraisal. It does not bode too well. Shall I bring a shield in?

I think I'm losing my passion for this job. Going to work everyday is a chore. I hate the moment my feet steps into the tunnel towards office. What's left behind are the "push and pull" factors to keep me moving.

Factors causing me to lose my passion for this job:
1) Bosses that lacks leadership
2) Back-stabbing seniors
3) Insane workload
4) Brainless colleague
5) No OT pay
6) Not my interest in the first place
7) Unproductive LONG meetings
8) Bosses that felt their employees lack communication but they are the one who can't communicate
9) Bosses who like to shoot/humiliate/insult their employees
10) Seriously under-staff

Push factors:
1) Need the money to study part time
2) Have girlfriend and there will definitely be higher expenses
3) Have my own indulgence to splurge on

Pull factors:
1) Not bad income
2) Close to home
3) Good cliques in office
4) Weekend and public holidays off
5) Good staff benefit

It all boils down to $$$. This job is definitely a tentative measure. I will move on when the time is right. When is the right time? I don't know. When my contract ends? When I can't take it and finally explode in office? When I finally found my dream job?

I hope I can peer into the crystal ball...

Answer: 男子汉。因为男子汉,敢“坐geng dang”(做敢当)。Geng dang在马来语代表马铃薯。

No comments: