Wednesday, October 08, 2008

730. random

Quote of the day: I'm not over-weight. I'm under-height.

I'm so mentally tired that I think I'm going a lil bonkers in office and in school. Trying to do things to distract myself, because I know if I don't do that, I might not be able to protect my sanity.

Some random updates.

Cheng gave me a huge lollipop! Mmmmmmm... Ok, but it's so huge that I seriously don't know where to start... ermz... licking? Dear and I thought that I should smash it up into smaller pieces and ermz... suck on it. But smashing it in office will be too noisy and loud right? Cheng then suggests that I can come up with an excuse that I'm venting my stress by smashing things...

Right...

I had this practice to put a piece of honey ginseng in my mouth to keep me awake in office. As I was taking it as usual, P38 saw a mickey mouse in my packet of ginseng! Yes, that's 3 pieces of ginseng by the way.

P38's son, Asher, came to join us for lunch today. He is so chubby!!! "bird bird... bird bird..."

The "thrifty" man (thrifty sounds better and more politically correct) in office was telling me how bad the increase in transport fares nowadays and how it had sort of "affected" him. He stays not exactly close but not too far either. A bus trip from his home will sort of cost him $0.71 per trip. And he is complaining... Going on blabbering that he wakes up earlier to walk to office every morning now to save that fare.

Right... So that explains that stale and disgusting sweat smell!!! And he don't put on at least deodorant. Prolly might start complaining how expensive it is to pay $3 for a decent bottle.

It's only $0.71 for goodness sake and you are not exactly earning that low. Should be around my range and you are not exactly supporting your whole family. This $0.71 is not even enough to buy me a decent bread from BreadTalk. Not as if the company is delaying your pay and you don't have enough to spend on bus right? Keep on calculating that how much he can save by saving this amount of money per year.

Why so calculative? Not at the lower end of the income chart right? Yes, you are paying your school fees but so am I and who doesn't? Why worry about the economy crisis when it's not exactly hitting you in your face now? And seriously, by saving that $0.71 it's not going to help save your face from any "slapping" should the economy collapse in Singapore too.

Seriously, any guys who are over thrifty, leaves no good impression to anyone. Not to the peers. Not to the girls. Not that guys should live an extravagant life, but at least be decently generous and not complain on increases of fare like a few cents.

Well, unless you are into really bad financial state and that is a different story altogether...

No comments: