Friday, May 11, 2007

469. morning adventure

Question of the day: What do you add to a barrel of water to make it lighter?

I haven't wake up so early ever since I've quit my previous job. Somebody, KILL me please! My eyes can barely kept wide open in the MRT this morning.

Woke up not-so early this morning and was almost late. Thanks to mum for waking me up, else I might still be dozing off in bed now. Well, it was really cosy to find the air so cool as it was raining pretty heavy in the morning. But it didn't stop when I left for HSBC. Sucks! MRT was pretty packed in the morning even though it was raining. So, if I ever start work at HSBC, I'll have to squeeze with the rest.

It's really fortunate to have friends who knows their way well.

When I've reached Raffles Place Station, I'm practically lost in the middle of the concrete forest. I followed the signs in the station and did a correct exit but once I'm outside, I'm surrounded by reflective buildings line-up all around me. Seriously, I haven't been to the CBD area so it's like an array of restricted walls to me. I felt dizzy...

I saw Change Alley in front of me. I saw Standard Chartered. UOB was there too. Ok, but I don't see HSBC. Shucks! I'm lost! I tried asking around but somehow, nobody knows where the heck is the place. Die liao lor! I have to reach there before 9am and it's like less then 10min from the arranged time.

I remembered the building was somewhere near Change Alley. So, I decided to try cutting through it to see where it leads to. The signs along Change Alley doesn't help at all. No choice but to call Felix but haven't wanting to ring him up early morning when I knew that he will be busy in office. Thanks brother! I found my way and reached on time. Just on time!

It's really not so nice to do the papers early morning when my brain is barely in working state. 3 papers -- English, Mathematics and Correction Checking. Sad to say, I've only completed the English paper. It's pretty tough not in the sense of the questions difficulty level but to complete SOOOOOOOO many questions in such a limited time frame! It's like 40 questions in 15min?!? It's doesn't really help even though they are all MCQ. I'm like whatever la. Just do as much questions correctly as possible la.

So now, I'm back home but my eyes are wide-opened and refuse to shut. Fine... I'll prolly get a nice sleep tonight if that's the case. The aircon man will be here tomorrow to fix our aircon at home! Finally...

No comments: